Anyone with carpet knows what a battle it can be to keep it clean.
Last night’s dinner of tasty spaghetti sauce and red wine splattered onto the floor, ironically forming a happy face design as it soaked into your soft, clean carpet fibers.
Yes, we’re sure you could tell us plenty of funny memories of how those nasty, dirty stains arrived on your precious carpeting (and we could tell you plenty more of ours), but instead of focusing on the problem, we’d like to focus more on the solution.
Check out our Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer review below. We’ll give you the lowdown on this machine and help you decide if it’s the right carpet cleaner for your needs.
This large, upright carpet cleaner is surprisingly lightweight, very easy to maneuver and comes with plenty of useful accessories that will help you clean a variety of carpets in a variety of locations.
In addition to cleaning carpets, the additional attachments allow you to easily clean stairs, various type of upholstery (in the house or in your car) and a crevice tool that will help you reach those tight corners and crevices.
The price is right for the quality and the amount of accessories it comes with and overall it provided us with very satisfying results in terms of stain removal.
|SpinScrub Powered Hand Tool|
Who Should Use It?
The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer is great for regular cleaning and carpet care as well as for providing more of a deep clean for heavily stained carpets.
The machine is especially useful to:
- Pet owners. Whether you need to clean urine stains, muddy paw prints or just eliminate typical pet odors, this is definitely a cleaner that you pet owners will love.
The extra tools allow you to easily clean the upholstery in your car if your furry friends often hit the road with you, or any furniture in your home where pet odors may linger.
Just remember to suck up any pet hair and dandruff with a regular vacuum prior to using the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet cleaner or you may risk clogging the machine or filling the bristles.
- Homeowners. Anyone with average to moderate carpet cleaning needs will benefit from this. If you host dinner parties often and you have food and drink spills or if you have kids that draw you pictures on the carpet with marker and make it “rain” by sprinkling their everywhere (hey, it happens), a good carpet cleaner is just as essential as a good vacuum.
- Landlords. Anyone with rental properties to clean should definitely have a carpet cleaner like this on hand.
It’s affordable, so you don’t have to continuously spend money renting a carpet cleaner, and it’s lightweight, which makes it easy to transport as you move from rental to rental.
- Small Businesses. Do you run a daycare center, work in a carpeted office or have any other type of small business with carpeting? To maintain your carpets, especially on areas that are subject to heavy foot traffic, this is a very affordable machine for the work place.
Don’t expect miracles from the machine. While it is very effective at removing stains, there are probably some that it can’t completely remove. It depends on how long the stain has been there and what caused it.
So our Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer review won’t be complete without a few tips.
No matter who uses it, these useful tips will ensure the best carpet cleaning possible:
- Vacuum first! Remove all of the dust, dirt, hair and any other small pieces (a few puzzle pieces and Legos) before you use it.
- Since you can use hot water in this machine, it’s a good idea to prep the carpet before you take the detergent to it.
Let your first passes on the carpet be on the “Rinse” setting. Once you’ve dampened the carpet, pass over it again with the “Wash” setting until you’re done cleaning, and then switch back to the “Rinse” setting for a final rinse.
It’s the same this as your washing machine does (and does well), so apply this principle to your carpet cleaning!
You’ll have to refill the tank more often, but for deep, set-in stains, it’s worth the additional effort.
The Good & the Bad
The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer has its pros and cons:
- The divided water tanks allows you to keep rinsing water separate from the detergent.
- We love that it has forced heated air that helps dry the carpet faster. Just remember that carpets with longer fibers will probably take longer to dry even if you use this feature.
- Divided Tank (one side for water and one side for cleanser)
- You can use hot water in it
- It’s very easy to assemble
- Budget-friendly option with plenty of cleaning tools
- It has a higher noise output than some of the other carpet washers out there (such as the Hoover SteamVac or Rug Doctor).
- The tank is a bit small, and if you have a lot of carpet to clean, that means you’ll have to stop and refill it more often.
- Cord is 20 feet long, which will get you around a small apartment, but for larger spaces you’ll either need an extension cord or plenty of outlets that you can switch to as you clean and move.
After our Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer review and test, here is our final opinion:
Is it worth the purchase? Absolutely.
It is well made and lightweight, it has a generous amount of accessories,and most importantly, it is very effective at removing most stains from your carpet.
This is a great cleaning unit for anyone with average to moderate carpet cleaning needs, and we don’t hesitate recommending it to you! See more information on the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer at Amazon.com.