If your home has carpeted floors, you know how difficult it can be to keep them clean, especially if you have pets or young children. A portable carpet cleaner is a great way to clean away pet stains and high-traffic ground-in dirt. However, choosing the right portable carpet cleaner can be a difficult task. It is easy to get confused by all the technical details when all you really want is clean carpets. Luckily, we’re here to help you. Use our handy guide to help you choose the best portable carpet cleaner, then sit back and enjoy your clean home.
Top 10 Portable Carpet Cleaners Table
What to Look For
If you want to make sure your carpet cleaner does the job you need it to do, make sure you read this section before buying one.
The best portable carpet cleaner really depends on what you need it to accomplish. No two homes or families are exactly alike, so there really is no one best portable carpet cleaner. You’ll want to consider your specific needs when deciding which portable carpet cleaner to buy. Think about how you will be using your carpet cleaner and consider each of these things when deciding which one to buy.
- Tank Capacity. If you have many large carpeted rooms in your home, you will want to make sure your portable carpet cleaner comes with a large tank. This will ensure that you won’t have to take frequent trips to refill your tank as you work. It will save you extra work in the long run. However, if you only have small rooms or area rugs, a cleaner with a smaller tank will work just fine.
- Pets. If you have pets in your home, you may want to consider a portable carpet cleaner that is specially designed to tackle the tough cleaning situations that pet owners often face, such as tough urine stains and copious amounts of pet hair.
- Weight and Portability. If you are using your carpet cleaner regularly, you’ll want to choose a lightweight option that is easy to maneuver and store.
- Budget. If you are on a tight budget, you may need to compromise on some special features, but you won’t want to compromise quality in doing so.
- Tough Stains. If you have children, you probably know how important it is to find a carpet cleaner that can clean deep into your carpet’s fibers to get rid of tough stains. Many portable carpet cleaners have special features for targeting specific stains.
Top 3 Best Portable Carpet Cleaner Reviews
This compact carpet cleaner provides professional results with its scrubbing action and extra powerful suction. It has a large capacity tank that holds ¾ gallon of water. It also has 22 feet of power cord enabling you to clean large areas efficiently and quickly.
The Bissel SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner comes ready to use, no assembly required. All you have to do is fill the tank with clean water or cleaning solution, attach one of the stain-removing tools, plug it in, turn it on, and you’re ready to clean. Its compact size makes it easy to clean anywhere – stairs, upholstery, area rugs, even those tight hard-to-reach spaces inside of your car.
Effective for general carpet cleaning or getting out difficult stains such as pet urine, juice, mud, and even wine, once you’ve used this portable carpet cleaner, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
This compact, deep-cleaner is great for any size clean-up. Perfect for spills and stains, it cleans and helps dry all at once. With this little green gem, it’s almost like the spills and stains never even happened.
The Bissell Little Green Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet Cleaner is lightweight, quiet, and uses very little water to get the job done. It works great on the accidents that new puppies and small children leave behind. It is easy, quick, and effective for zapping out small cleaning jobs on your carpet, area rugs, or upholstery. You’ll never have to strategically place furniture to hide unsightly spots on your carpet ever again. Try it in your car or RV, too.
The Bissell Spotbot makes stain removal easier than you can imagine. Just fill the tank with warm water and cleaning solution, position the machine on the stain, then push a button and walk away. One of its two preset cleaning cycles will automatically, spray, brush, and suction to work out deep set stains. The Spotbot does all the hard work while you’re doing other things.
In case you need to clean upholstery or your vehicle’s interior, the Spotbot comes with an onboard hose and cleaning tool. Its lightweight, compact design makes it easy to transport to where it’s needed and simple to store until its next use.
The Spotbot is designed specifically to target tough pet stains. The tank is treated with microbicide to cut pungent ammonia smells. However, it is also effective on vomit, red wine, juice, chocolate, ground in mud, and more. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a stain that this machine can’t handle.