When it comes to cleaning laminate floors, you need the right tools in order to safely and effectively remove the dirt and grime.
Mop up your messes the right way with one of the best mop for laminate floors on our list below.
From dry cleaning to deep sanitizing, check out the top choices of neat and tidy cleaners just like yourself!
There are several types of mops available, ranging from deep clean to simple dust removal.
- Steam Mop. For a deep, sanitizing clean, you’ll need a good steam mop.
This helps you kill all of those hidden germs and bacteria that travel their way into the home on a daily basis and some have scrubbers to help you remove tough, sticky messes.
- Spin Mop. If you’re going to clean a laminate floor, use a spin mop. It allows you to wring out a higher percentage of water than traditional mops, leaving it damp rather than sopping wet.
- Spray Mop. Between a spin mop and a dry mop, you have the spray mop. They spray a stream of cleaning solution in front of the head so that you can pass over it and remove dirt and grime as you push.
The mop heads are usually microfiber (machine washable) and some have soft scrub brushes mixed with the microfiber so that you can scrub away the sticky dirt and grime.
- Dry Mop. As the name implies, you won’t need to get these mops wet as you use them. When you need to do an initial sweep of the floor in order to pick up hair, dust and dirt particles, a dry mop is perfect. The mop heads on these are usually in microfiber.
Top 10 Mops for Laminate Floors Overview
While there are many excellent products available, vinegar with warm water still seems to be a favorite of those with laminate flooring.
Some also use baby shampoo or mild dish detergents, which will give you a sudsier clean. Just be sure to rinse the floor by passing over the area with fresh, damp mop.
Avoid harsh chemicals such as bleach.
A few laminate floor-cleaning tips for you.
- For sticky stains, try applying a small amount of mild dish detergent or baby shampoo directly onto the stain. Use a damp cloth to clean the area and then pass over it again with e clean, damp cloth to rinse.
- Remove scuffmarks with an eraser head.
- Use a Q-tip dipped in water and a bit of nail polish remover to get rid of nail polish or other types of polishes.
Top 3 Best Mop for Laminate Floors Reviews
Steam and sanitize those germs away with the Bissel Powerfresh Steam Mop.
If you have heavy foot traffic in your home and you have little to no carpeting/rugs, then this needs to be present in your cleaning closest.
What’s great about this is the retractable scrubber that you can move down when you need to clean dry, sticky messes.
There are also three steam settings that you can adjust based on the stain (low-medium-high), and there are no detergents or chemicals required! You only need distilled or demineralized water. The microfiber pad is machine washable, and there is a pouch in it that allows you to place a freshener disc for a clean, fresh smell.
This is a family-friendly and pet-friendly cleaning option; just make sure that kids and pets stay away from the cleaning area so they don’t burn their feet/paws. If the steamer stays in one place for long enough, the flooring will be hot to the touch!
By far the best mop for laminate floors on our list.
If you have a mixture of laminate and tile, then this spin mop is ideal for average cleaning or wet spills that you can tend to on both types of flooring. Perfect!
This spin mop is packed with handy features that users love: it has wheels that make it easy to move; a spin feature in the bottom of the bucket so you can rinse the mop between uses; a stainless steel rinse basket; a conveniently located drain hold so you can drain water into an outdoor floor drain, avoiding lifting and spills; a soap dispenser that goes right into the bucket; separate scrub brush attachment for loosening dirt and grime.
It has a chenille dust pad and two microfiber mop heads, both of which are machine washable (let them air dry and avoid using fabric softener).
An excellent choice for most of your laminate flooring needs!
For daily removal of dust, dirt, hair and anything else that sneaks its way into your home, you can use this wide microfiber mop on your laminate flooring.
Use it damp or use it dry, throw it in the washing machine when it gets dirty and use it on other types of hard flooring, too (hardwood, tile, etc.)
This is one heavy-duty mop that will last forever. It has a long handle that prevents you from bending over for those hard-to-reach places, it doesn’t leave streak marks and you’ll clean your floors quicker thanks to the wide cleaning path.
A purchase that you won’t need to make again any time soon. This thing lasts!