So you say you’re tired of hauling your bulky upright vacuum out every time your dog tracks dirt into the house or leaves some fur behind on the couch? Do you dread the thought of dragging that same unwieldy, full-size vacuum up and down your steps? Then it’s probably past time to make your life easier with the best cordless handheld vacuum available.
This brief buyer’s guide will assist you in choosing which cordless handheld is best for your needs, whether you just require to have one around to quickly clean up small messes or to sweep your stairs or simply want fur-free upholstery.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Voltage. Volts measure the force or pressure of the electricity passing through a wire in a manner similar to water passing through a hose. The higher the pressure, or voltage, the faster the water is forced through the hose, or, for our interest, the faster the electricity is forced through a wire which increases power. Most cordless handhelds produce 16-20 volts.
- Weight. While not as critical for a handheld as for a full-size, weight is still something to be considered as the handheld rarely leaves your hand, and you might use it to clean items above your head such as kitchen cabinets. The best cordless handheld vacuum usually weighs about 4 pounds.
- Attachments. Most cordless handhelds come with one or more attachments, from brushes to crevice devices to interchangeable, motorized heads. As always, examine your needs prior to examining the included attachments.
Best Cordless Handheld Vacuum Overview Chart
Benefits of Cordless Handheld Vacuums
Both of the most important benefits are printed in black and white in the above subheading, those being cordless (as opposed to with cord) and handheld (as opposed to handsheld). No cord to unwind, untangle and wind again greatly increases the convenience of these handhelds. Also, you aren’t required to plot out your outlet strategy as you move from room to room or up and down stairs.
As for the second major benefit… they fit in and can be maneuvered by a single hand due to their small size and light weight. This frees up your other hand to dust, or write a novel as you see fit. Like the initial benefit, this one too is inexorably linked to convenience as you can now deal with a variety of cleanliness issues with a single appendage.
Below are few more secondary benefits that are linked to the two primary ones listed above:
- They’re Quick as Lightning. Ok, maybe not quite that quick… lightning moves… well, at the speed of light, but nothing can clean up both expected (pet hair) and unexpected (spilled sand from your beach bag) faster, and the fact that they’re cordless increases that speed exponentially.
- Portability. Simply grab it and head to your dirty place, whether that place is your car, boat, love seat, camper or garage.
Reviews of Top Three Cordless Handheld Vacuums
The wide mouth design of the best cordless handheld vacuum reviewed is enhanced by its unique pivoting nozzle that provides it with a more than 180 degree range of motion. This feature is ideal for reaching dirty areas at high altitude, such as the tops of cupboards and hanging pictures.
The Pivot delivers 20 volts of cleaning power from its lithium ion battery that drives its cyclonic action and provides it with surreal suction and fade free power, and its triple filtration system ensures that it picks up even the finest of particles.
The Pivot comes with a crevice tool, for reaching those difficult to reach places, such as between your fridge and kitchen counter, and a brush for cleaning those delicate items, such as your laptop keyboard. Its detachable dustbin is large and washable, and it can be stored in an out-of-the-way location with its stand-up charger.
Powerful, practical and portable…the Pivot has it all.
The ergonomically designed Trigger delivers triple the suction power of any other handheld, according to Dyson, and once you use it, you’ll be inclined to agree. All this power comes from Dyson’s digital V6 motor that spins at a speedy 110,000 times per minute and its nickel manganese cobalt battery.
It also boasts Dyson’s patented two tier, 15 cyclone arrangement and they work together to increase airflow and capture large as well as fine dust particles and its 20 minute run time is augmented by a booster button that delivers six minutes of increased power.
The Trigger comes with a useful mini, motorized tool for upholstery, as well as crevice and brush attachments that work well on a variety of surfaces.
This powerful sucking machine is everything you’d expect from a Dyson and more.
This Hoover was designed specifically with pet owners in mind as the battle with pet hair can be endless and frustrating. Its 18 volt, lithium ion battery drives its incomparable roller brush that simply makes pet hair disappear from your upholstery. This unique roller brush also detaches for easy cleaning and maintenance and it pivots up to 25 degrees, which greatly improves its maneuverability.
The LiNX in the name refers to the fact that its battery is interchangeable with all other Hoovers with the LiNX name. This allows you to quickly change out and recharge expired batteries.
Finally, this handheld comes with a three bladed upholstery tool that’s specially designed to remove stubborn pet hair, as well as a dusting brush that’s perfect for cleaning the more delicate surfaces around your home.
You don’t have to own a kennel to own this effective handheld, but if you did, you’d have the only kennel devoid of pet hair!