Commercial vacuums are in a whole different world to the normal vacuums most people would use to do their Saturday morning chores. There’s a lot to think about when picking out a commercial vacuum, and it’s an important decision because this decision will be impacting your business. To find the best commercial vacuum for your needs, we’ve prepared a checklist and a few of our top selections.
Things to Think About for a Commercial Vacuum
- The Type Of Vacuum You Need. Commercial vacuums come in a range of different types, from wet/dry vacuums, to dry only vacuums and those which specialise in picking up hazardous materials such as asbestos. Consider what environment you’ll be using your vacuum in to make the best selection.
- Design. You can buy commercial vacuums in upright or backpack/shoulder strap styles, consider the size and layout of your space before deciding which is best. Also keep in mind commercial vacuums are heavier than household vacuum cleaners due to their increased capacity and power.
- What Type Of Debris You’ll Be Cleaning Up. There are specialist vacuums for any occasion, from oil and water spills, to those designed to suck up wood chips or metal nuts and bolts, it’s important you pick the vacuum designed for the debris you want to clean up or you could risk clogging and damaging the vacuum cleaner (and your floors won’t be clean either).
- Your Space. Consider the layout of the space you need to clean, if there is a really big space it may be hard to use a bulky/heavier vacuum and clean that space frequently. Similarly, consider your flooring, vinyl, tiled and carpet floors all need specific cleaning care.
Top 10 Commercial Vacuum Cleaners Complete Table
Types of Vacuums
- Upright. These vacuums are one standing unit with the nozzle at the base of the unit, they usually have more capacity and power than canister/ backpack vacuums but are heavier to maneuver.
- Canister (Shoulder Strap/ Handheld). These vacuums come with two parts, the nozzle and the body where the debris is collected which are connected by a hose. Shoulder strap/ Handheld vacuums are easier to carry around and are ideal if you will need to vacuum stairs.
- Backpack. Similar to canister vacuums, backpack vacuums also feature two parts and are worn like a backpack so are also ideal for vacuuming offices/ spaces with stairs.
Top 5 Best Commercial Vacuum Reviews
This vacuum cleaner is perfect for cleaning carpets and features double helix brushes which rotate at 6500 RPM sweeping debris from carpet fur straight into the vacuum inlet.
It also features a floor adjustment feature and can change between carpet and hard floors with an effortless flick of a switch.
The cleaning path on the Oreck U2000R-1 is a generous 12 inches so it can vacuum over a larger area more easily and has great suction. It also features a 40’ cord which makes it easy to vacuum larger areas and minimising the need to keep swapping power sockets.
Lastly, it’s very lightweight at only 8 pounds and is very easy to steer. Overall this vacuum definitely takes ‘the best commercial vacuum award’; lightweight, easy to maneuver and great suction – what more could you want?
This lightweight and easy to carry vacuum cleaner is perfect to pick up dry debris and also features a reverse suction feature so you can blow away debris/ leaves if needed as well.
The Hoover CH3000 includes an 8 piece attachment set which makes cleaning hard to reach places around and under furniture a breeze. The suction quality is impressively strong for it’s small frame and has no trouble picking up hair and dust without blockages.
The debris is collected in a reusable long lasting cloth bag which is easy to remove and empty. Also, the tube connecting the nozzle and the canister is made of a flexible and durable material which doesn’t kink or get easily caught in between furniture so the Hoover CH3000 really is the perfect little portable vacuum cleaner.
The Hoover Commercial C2401 Shoulder Vac Pro is absolutely perfect for vacuuming hard floors but can also tackle a range of other surfaces including carpets, rugs and upholstery as well.
The backpack harness has been designed by chiropractors in order to provide the correct comfort and care for your back when you are wearing it. Because it’s a backpack vacuum it’s very easy to vacuum tight spots such as narrow passageways and stairwells.
The 48’ cord means that you can vacuum a large area with minimal socket changes. It has a HEPA filter system and a clear dome lid so it’s easy to see when it needs to be emptied.
The backpack does take a little while to get used to though and some have said it does get quite hot and heavy to wear especially in summer. However, if you are using this vacuum to clean inside offices with air conditioning (or at night) this shouldn’t pose too much problem.
Overall, a great multi-use vacuum cleaner which can clean large areas in record time.
This vacuum is ideal for bare floors and hard surfaces but also features a carpet cleaning attachment.
The suction power is very strong and it has a HEPA filtration system which eliminates 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns or smaller. It also has two telescopic metal wands which makes getting into those hard to reach places extremely easy.
It comes with a shoulder strap but also has wheels so you can either carry it or have it tag along behind you. A downside to this vacuum is that its 20’ chord is not automatically retractable but for the power and price of this vacuum it’s not really a deal breaker.
Considering the price, features and durability, the Sanitaire SC6383A is a great economical solution to your commercial cleaning needs.
The Rubbermaid Commercial Executive Backpack Vacuum is a powerful and quiet vacuum cleaner. One of its best benefits is the innovative backpack harness which has been designed to keep motor heat away from the body and improve airflow so it doesn’t cause the wearer to overheat (unlike some other backpack vacuums).
It has a swivel hose and comes with several attachments for cleaning different surfaces meaning it can get in and around furniture with minimal effort. It also comes with sealed vacuum bags which makes debris disposable easy and hygienic as no nasties can escape. The Rubbermaid Commercial Vacuum cleaner is a perfect solution for those looking to vacuum large spaces effectively and quickly.