Dyson is at the forefront of vacuum design and for good reason. They use the latest technology and the most innovative designs to keep their selection as effective and beautiful as possible. Once you have decided to buy from this maker, you will then need to choose which of their vacuums is right for you.
As they are all highly effective and can be held to the same high cleaning standards, it can be hard to choose just one.
To help you make a decision, we have come up with this comprehensive guide to the most popular Dyson vacuums on the market and the features that should be weighed the most heavily.
Things to Consider
- Which Would Be Best for You: Corded or Cordless? The cordless Dyson vacuums tend to be smaller and also tend to have a detachable handheld. While these are lighter and might give you further reach, you should consider the need for charging them and the battery life that you will be working with before you need to take a break and charge again.
- What Is the Difference Between the Company’s Animal and Multi-Floor Vacuum Cleaners? In the most basic vacuum options, these guides are essentially the same. This means that the vacuum cleaner with each label will have the same capacity and motor.
The main difference is what comes with the vacuum. The Animal will come with the different floor heads as well as separate options for hard floors. The Multi-Floor comes with the basic heads and attachments.
- What Is the Capacity of the Best Dyson Vacuum? Due to the technology of these vacuums, combining higher suction and smaller canisters, the capacity can often be as little as .6 liters. The capacity of the vacuum that is best for you really comes down to preference. The more capacity a vacuum has, the heavier it will be. The cordless and handheld options are lighter but you will have to empty the vacuum a lot more often.
Top 10 Dyson Vacuums Overview Chart
Tips for Buying Dyson Vacuums
One of the biggest questions for Dyson vacuum buyers is whether or not they should invest in an upright vacuum or a cylinder one.
- Upright. This kind is often considered the best Dyson vacuum because it is the most popular model they sell. This option is easier to store as it has no trailing hose to consider. It is also often better at covering large areas of the floor and is better a picking up stuck in pet hairs. With such a large capacity, it should come as no surprise that this model is so popular.
- Cylinder. While the upright has its advantages, the cylinder vacuums from Dyson are often lighter and are thus easier to use in multi-level homes. They are also extremely easy to maneuver throughout a room, even in unusual spaces. The cylinder option is quieter and is better for sitting on the stairs while in use.
In addition to these two main models, you will also need to consider the stick or 2-in-1 vacuum options. These are lighter and often cordless to make cleaning easier for all over the house. You will need to charge this vacuum but you will have a further reach. You will also need to empty out the dirt more often and this may not be as powerful as you need to collect set-in pet hair.
5 Best Dyson Vacuum Cleaners Reviews
Whether you are using the Dyson V6 Motor Dead Cord-Free on carpeted or wood floors, it is always effective and always leaves no trace of dirt and grime behind. This is a great vacuum to use on a daily basis when you consider its lightweight size.
Getting into corners and tight spaces with this vacuum is easy, and it makes cleaning the floors much easier and much more enjoyable to do regularly. The cordlessness of this vacuum makes it easy to use downstairs and upstairs without dreading having to carry the machine.
If you are worried about the battery life of this model because it is cordless, don’t. It comes with a charger that is easy to hang on the wall if you would like and the battery will last for an entire cleaning session.
The Dyson CD65 Animal Complete Upright is well worth the high price tag that it comes with. Whether you are comparing it to an old model from another company or just another Dyson, this vacuum offers better suction and more power than you would expect.
This is a vacuum that uses the Dyson Ball technology. If you haven’t already then this is something that really needs to be experienced as maneuvering around is so much easier.
With easy assembly and a large capacity, you will love having this vacuum to clean all of the floors in your home.
What makes the Dyson V6 Trigger the best Dyson vacuum is its versatility as a handheld model with the possibility to order attachments and make it a stick vacuum as well.
The suction on this vacuum is unreal when you have used lesser models in the past. You will be able to get all of the dirt you wanted to get up and then some. The small size and the easy charging make it great for parents that need to vacuum small messes often.
Overall, this is a great small Dyson option for when you don’t want to or don’t have the time to drag out the bigger model. You also won’t need to bring out a large vacuum as this smaller one is just as effective.
The Dyson Ball Allergy Upright has all of the power and the design aspects from Dyson that make it easy and really a pleasure to use.
The ball means maneuvering is a breeze and the Upright design is built to get all of the dirt and hair from the floors that you might not even be able to see.
Your carpets or even hardwood floors will be really refreshed after you use this vacuum. You will have this model for years too, so you can feel good about spending money on a quality product.
The suction on the Dyson V6 Cord Free is seriously impressive considering its smaller size. This lightweight vacuum will suck up all of the dirt and bits with ease and can be stored without issue too.
Though there are certainly cheaper cordless vacuums on the market, you will not get nearly the same quality. This vacuum has all of the power that you would expect from a Dyson and also has a battery that will stay charged for a long time.
Cleaning with this vacuum is a breeze when you can take it all around the house without being limited or wasting your time with the cord. This means that it is also a pleasure to take out for smaller jobs.