Even though a clean carpet can transform the feel and freshness of a room, it is often the last thing that a homeowner focuses on.
Once you have decided to purchase a carpet shampoo it then becomes a difficult task of searching through all of the options and working out which one you need. The reason that choosing the best carpet shampoo is not straightforward is because companies try to claim their product is the miracle option that will do everything you need it to.
To help you to find the shampoo that you actually need, we have created a short guide with a range of tips and things to look for. We have also included the top ten products available for those who want to have their carpets looking brand new again.
What to Look For
While there are many general shampoo options for your carpet it is better to find the specific solution for the issue you are having.
In our list of the top ten products on the market, we have included a wide range of different focuses so it is also important to pay attention to this when you make your final decision.
What Are You Using the Carpet Shampoo For?
- Refreshing. The most general goal of a shampoo is to refresh the look and smell of the carpets. Usually, this is the cheapest option and the most eco-friendly, as it doesn’t require heavy-duty chemicals to achieve the desired results.
- Stain Removal. This is usually a job for the heaviest solutions. The key wording to look for is “deep” on the label of the carpet shampoo.
- Pets. There are specific smells, stains and problems that come with having pets on a carpet and therefore, many companies have developed a formula that can bring these floors back to their former glory.
- Odor Removal. Everything from damp to urine can make a carpet smell to the point that it cannot be saved by a basic product. The best carpet shampoo for odor problems is one that is specially designed to lift the smell from the fabric.
Top 10 Carpet Shampoos Overview
Knowing Which Product to Choose
There are two main points to consider when you are choosing between the products on our list:
- Compatibility. While we have aimed to only include carpet shampoos that are able to be used in a wide variety of carpet cleaning machines there will always be a brand of cleaner that insists only a certain type of shampoo should be used.
To avoid voiding any warranties or having any problems with the carpet cleaner it is always important to double check that the shampoo you are purchasing is compatible with the carpet cleaning machine that you will be using.
- Coverage. It is difficult to work out exactly how much area a bottle of each product will cover as this depends on a variety of factors including the type of carpet cleaner you are using, the number of times you want to clean the floor, and how soiled the carpets are before shampooing.
This should be carefully checked with each shampoo that you are purchasing and often the carpet cleaner that you buy or rent will come with a guide on how much will be necessary for the size of your home.
Top 3 Best Carpet Shampoo Reviews
When you are looking for a shampoo that gets out dirt and also removes odors there is no better option than Hoover CLEANPLUS 2X. This is one of the few products that really does remove smells without masking them with chemicals.
The most noticeable effects of this shampoo are that it freshens high traffic areas to an incredible degree. This means that this product is a great choice for those with a busy household and especially for those that have more than one or two dogs.
Hoover CLEANPLUS X2 can also be used on upholstery to remove even the most stubborn stains. This flexibility means that this product is an even better value for money.
Bissell 78H6B Deep Clean Pro 2X really does provide the results that its name promises. In fact, the carpet is cleaner and fresher than after a professional job has been completed.
As this product is highly concentrated it goes much further than other products and you will certainly notice the difference even when using very limited amounts. Often buyers will use this product to target high traffic areas and then will proceed to clean the rest of the house because the effects make the other carpets look duller than before.
Knowing that you can guarantee incredible results with Bissell 78H6B Deep Clean Pro 2X means that investing in this slightly more expensive option is well worth the extra cost for the best carpet shampoo.
For odors, especially urine, Bubba’s Super Steamer Carpet Cleaner is a dream product. It really does lift the smell from any carpet and you will instantly notice a difference. The product itself does have a strong smell but this disappears not long after the carpet has dried.
In terms of stain removal, it is one of the best available on the market. It can removal grease stains as easily as high traffic wear.
In fact, the Bubba’s Super Steamer Carpet Cleaner shampoo starts to remove dirt and stains that were not even apparent before the cleaning started. Before you know it your carpets will be brighter, fresher and healthier.